Wednesday, March 25th
24 hours before everyone in our county is ordered to stay at home. Never in my life did I expect something like this!
The weather today. Oh, the joy of sunshine! It’s 74 degrees and an absolutely stunning spring day here in Kansas. It’s been much too bleak lately. This is great.
I made tuna mac casserole for dinner tonight. My husband loved it. The kid ate it too. I’m actually impressed with him (the kid that is) during the last week of eating every single meal at home with us, he’s become a very good eater. He hasn’t refused to eat anything; chili, tuna patties, and quesadillas. Maybe he’s growing out of the weird phase of not wanting “sauce” on anything. He hasn’t begged me for “tots and nuggets” once in the last week either. To top if off, he’s been behaving pretty darn good for a three year old, all things considered.
Although I’ve honestly only been online for less than 30 minutes today, I found some great stuff there today. One was this Backyard Scavenger Hunt. We will be doing that tomorrow, weather permitting. If you visit the Primary Playground website, you’ll find a bunch more of these. 🙂 Thank you Jenette!
Then, I found this graphic, posted by Behavior Flip:
- Who am I checking on or connecting with today?
- What expectations of normal am I letting go of today?
- How am I getting outside today?
- How am I moving my body today?
- How am I expressing my creativity today?
- What type of self-care am I practicing today?
- What am I grateful for today?
I’m not normally one for checking on mental health – but these are not normal times we have and I think these are great things to focus on! The get out out of honing in on what’s bad about this situation, and feeling better. Love it.
The last thing I found on Facebook (posted by ForReadingAddicts) was this graphic from and it resonated with me deeply. I’ll leave you with that.
In the news today:
- Our state is up to 126 cases now. We’ve had our third death as well.
- First case showed up yesterday in our country today we have three.